“Physical fitness is the first requisite of happiness.” – Joseph Pilates
Daily mat classes of maximum 12 people are run by Jamie Clough and Emma Malone who use a unique structured programme of 14 levels.
If you have already done Pilates or are wanting to join a class without doing Pilates Preparation, an initial assessment is required to ensure that you enrol in the right level of class for your ability. During this one hour assessment we do a postural assessment, check your stabilisation and run through some of the mat exercises to assess your flexibility, mobility and understanding.
Complete beginners join the Pilates Preparation class which is a six week course designed to teach you all the basics to enable you to start exercising safely plus information on anatomy, alignment and breathing.
Pilates Mat Classes
We use a unique structured series of class plans with six weeks in each level so that you learn all the basic mat exercises and gradually build up to the Full Mat sequence – the original exercises as done by Joseph Pilates (see his book Return to Life through Contrology)
This ensures that you learn all the variations and, more importantly, that you understand when and why you need to adapt the exercises for your individual abilities
At the end of each level we have a review class so you can see what improvement you have made and what you need to focus on in the future.
[cro_callout text=”“In 10 sessions, you will feel the difference. In 20, you will see the difference. And in 30, you’ll be on your way to having a whole new body.” – Joseph Pilates ” layout=”1″ color=”1″]
– Joseph Pilates” layout=”1″ color=”1″]
Benefits of Pilates
- Improves posture
- Improves mobility and flexibility of the spine
- Increases muscle strength, endurance and tone
- Promotes healthy joints
- Promotes a more efficient and supportive core
- Increases stability for the pelvis and shoulders
- Facilitates injury prevention and physical rehabilitation
- Improves motor skills such as balance and co-ordination
- Builds stamina and increases circulation
- Encourages deep and efficient breathing
- Improves well being
- Alleviates aches and pains, particularly back problems
- Through weight bearing exercises, it helps to improve bone density
- Relieves stress and tension
- Heightens body awareness
- Improves quality of life
[cro_callout text=”“A man is as young as his spinal column.” – Joseph Pilates” layout=”1″ color=”1″ ]